Thank you for expressing interest in entering your child as a student in either the Louisiana School for the Deaf (LSD) or the Louisiana School for the Visually Impaired (LSVI). The parent option law (Act 433) allows a parent to seek admission directly to LSD or LSVI.
1) Complete the attached admissions packet.
2) All forms in the registration packet must be completed and returned to the Admissions and Records Department. The following original forms must be completed and signed appropriately:
a) Registration form packet
b) Medical information form packet (completed and signed by doctor and parent)
3) Please attach the following documents to the completed registration packet forms:
a) Copy of birth certificate
b) Copy of social security card
c) Copy of medical card or medical insurance card
d) Copy of current immunization (shot records)
e) Copy of legal papers indicating custody rights, if applicable
4) The admissions department will request the necessary educational documents from your local school district.
5) The completed application will be reviewed and you will be notified of your child’s acceptance or denial for admission to the specified school.
If you require further assistance, please call LA Toll Free (888)769-8111, Extension 231, Donica Jones, or Extension 320, Kathleen Carr.